• ADA and Title VI Notices

    The City of Bellevue strives to ensure that its programs and facilities are accessible to everyone. We conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

    Accommodations for Disabilities

    If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access a city facility or program, you can make a request (ADA requests in MyBellevue). Requests can relate to a wide variety of issues, including curb ramps, sidewalk obstructions, this website and access to buildings. If you have questions, please contact ADA/Title VI civil rights administrator Blayne Amson (425-452-6168 or adatitleVI@bellevuewa.gov).

    Title II of the ADA applies to state and local governments, protecting individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in services, programs and activities. For Title II, the city has completed a ADA Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan.

    Accommodation requests for private businesses must be addressed to them. The U. S. Department of Justice enforces the ADA.

    ADA Complaints

    If you feel the city has not handled an accommodation request satisfactorily, you may file a complaint, alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the city's provision of services, activities, programs or benefits. All complaints should be presented in writing to the ADA coordinator.

    Please consult the ADA complaint guide for details. A formal complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged occurrence. The city will not officially act or respond to complaints made verbally.

    Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

    The city assures that no person shall be excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of any city program or activity on the grounds of race, color, national origin or sex, per Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and related statutes. Also, no person shall be subjected to discrimination per Title VI.

    Title VI Complaints

    If you believe that you have not been treated equally by the city because of your race, national origin, gender, disability, income or ability to speak English, then you have the right to file a discrimination complaint with the City of Bellevue. Print and fill out the form, then send it to adatitleVI@bellevuewa.gov.

    Questions about the City of Bellevue's compliance with Title VI? Please contact Blayne Amson (adatitleVI@bellevuewa.gov or 425-452-6168) or Kristi Oosterveen (adatitleVI@bellevuewa.gov or 425-452-4496).

    Help in Other Languages

    If you have trouble speaking or understanding English, you can request an interpreter for city meetings and other events, Contact the city staff listed with the event. If you speak one of the following languages, you can call a toll-free number for assistance regarding any city service:

    • Español (Spanish) 1-844-590-8948
    • 廣東話 (Cantonese) 1-844-537-0364
    • 普通话 (Mandarin) 1-844-590-8945
    • 한국어 (Korean) 1-844-537-0365
    • ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi) 1-844-590-8946
    • Русский (Russian) 1-844-590-8947
    • Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) 1-844-590-8949

    If you speak any languages not listed above, please call 425-452-6800 and request an interpreter. Other assistance is also available at Language Access Resources.