Development Services offers one-stop permit shopping for land and building development in Bellevue and the surrounding service areas. We review plans, inspect projects and investigate code violations. These services ensure that projects are safe and aligned with federal, state and city codes.
Virtual Permit Center Appointments
Development Services is offering virtual permit center meetings to allow customers to schedule one-on-one time with staff to receive assistance with general permitting questions. Customers can schedule virtual permit center meetings with permit technicians and plan reviewers to get answers to general permit questions. Visit the Virtual Permit Center page to learn more and book a virtual permit center appointment.
Beginning Monday, Jan. 10, City Hall will have reduced hours of 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. daily. In-person services, including permit services, will be limited. Customers are encouraged to utilize our available virtual service options.
We will continue to provide all our services electronically, including accepting permit applications and plans. Our permitting process is completely paperless - customers can submit applications, upload plans and pay permit fees online at MyBuildingPermit.com.
Staff will continue to monitor email and voicemail messages during regular business hours. Department and staff contacts are available on our Contact Us page.
For additional information on city services, please visit the city's COVID-19 page. Masks are required for visitors to Bellevue City Hall.
Current Labor and Industries Guidance
The state Department of Labor and Industries has released Requirements and Guidance for Preventing COVID-19 effective August 23. Businesses in Washington are required to follow face covering requirements as provided in the governor's Proclamation 20-25.15 and in accordance with the Secretary of Health's Order 20-03.4. Development Services may provided updated guidance and requirements in order for projects to receive the necessary inspections while protecting the health of Bellevue employees.
Highlighted Development Services
Use the menu items on the left to navigate through our website and view the services we offer, or follow one of these popular shortcuts.
- Tree Removal and Retention - Bellevue is committed to preserving our city in a park. Here is everything you need to know about cutting down trees.
- Permit FAQs - Wondering how to get started in the permitting process? Get all the answers and links to resources.
- Zoning Requirements - An overview and FAQs to help you navigate the zoning requirements in Bellevue’s land use code.
- Public Notices and Participation - Most land use applications require that notice be given to the public about proposed land use applications. Learn more about public comments and participation in the process.
- Weekly Permit Bulletin - Official notice of land use applications, public meetings, decisions, recommendations, public hearings and appeals of land use decisions in Bellevue.
- Code Compliance - Learn how our code compliance team works toward voluntary compliance with city codes and ordinances. Use our city portal to report code violations.
- Code Amendments - Information about proposed and recently adopted amendments to the city code.
- Development Activity - Current development activity updates.
- Bellevue Map Viewer - Access a variety of interactive map layers for parks and trails, wetlands, property information and more.
- Residential Building Permits - Learn what is required to build a new house, add a room or remodel your kitchen.
- Building and Fire Codes - Policy interpretations, building tip sheets, and information on building and construction codes, including electrical, mechanical and plumbing codes. The 2018 Construction and Fire Codes went into effect on February 1, 2021. All permit applications submitted after January 21, 2021 must comply with the 2018 codes.