All of Bellevue’s laws are found in the City Code, including ordinances and resolutions. Land and building development codes are presented here. Code Compliance enforces regulations in the nuisance, sign, construction and land use codes.
The Development Services and Fire departments are seeking input from architects, contractors, developers, and the public regarding an upcoming change from the 2018 International Codes to the 2021 International Codes, which will go into effect on July 1, 2023, as required by state law. This presentation contains information on some of the significant changes staff are aware of as of fall 2022. To submit comments on the code changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Code Updates Presentation
- Building Codes and Guidelines: IBC, IRC and City of Bellevue amendments to these codes
- Clearing and Grading Codes and Guidelines: Regulation of earth movement, land clearing, erosion protection
- Fire Codes and Guidelines: Regulations for infrastructure and building improvements for fire protection
- Land Use Codes and Guidelines: Rules that regulate use of land, building placement, design and environmental protection
- Transportation Codes and Guidelines: Regulations of public and private road construction and design
- Utilities Codes and Standards: Regulations and requirements for public and private utility construction and design
- Construction Codes
- Permit Forms and Publications