Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician
Apply through the National Testing Network (NTN). Candidates must pass a written exam and a candidate physical ability test (CPAT). CPAT scores are accepted from the National Testing Network, Public Safety Testing or any accredited CPAT provider. A variety of test dates and locations are available.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 18 years old at time of application
- U.S. citizen or lawful, permanent resident
- High school graduate/GED
- Valid driver’s license (Washington driver's license required at time of hire )
- Ability to read and speak English
- Further information is available the National Testing Network.
If you have questions about the process of becoming a Bellevue Firefighter, please visit our FAQ's.
If you are age 14-21 and interested in a future career as a firefighter, check out our Fire Explorer program. If you are looking for an administrative position, those opportunities are advertised on the general city employment page.