Browse the below topics for answers to frequently asked questions. If a topic is not listed, please contact BYT directly via phone or email.
Fees for our mainstage plays:
Residents - Free
Non-residents - $150
Refunds (for non-Bellevue residents):
- If you withdraw seven calendar days prior to the start of class (first meeting), you will receive a $140 refund.
- If you withdraw one to six days prior to the start of class (first meeting), your refund will be $75.
- If you withdraw on or after the first class (first meeting), you will not receive a refund.
- NOTE: The withdrawal must be processed. Voicemail and email requests do not constitute "being processed." You must speak to someone live to consider you or your child withdrawn. If you are calling on the weekend, you may call Bellevue Parks & Community Services' main line at 425-452-6885 and press 1 to be transferred to someone live.
- In addition, you will not be refunded if you don't like your part or feel you don't have enough lines.
Tickets for shows at the Bellevue Youth Theatre may be purchased in advance by visiting or contacting the box office (see hours in the contact block). Seating is assigned at the time of purchase to ensure that each customer has a specific seat reserved. Purchasing tickets early is recommended to ensure availability and the best possible seating options. For accessible seating, please contact our box office for assistance.
There are no refunds once tickets are purchased. The Bellevue Youth Theatre accepts cash, check, Visa and MasterCard. Orders placed over the phone can be paid for by Visa or MasterCard.
Do I need to purchase a ticket for my baby/toddler?
- You do not need to purchase a ticket for your baby/toddler if you are planning to hold them in your lap. If you need a seat for your child, you will be required to purchase a ticket. Please do not bring a car seat into the theatre unless you put it on a chair for which you have already purchased a ticket. Car seats can be a trip hazard for audience members and actors when placed on the floor or in aisles.
Do you offer senior/child discounts?
- No. All tickets are the same price regardless of age.
Do you offer group discounts?
- Yes! For 10 or more tickets purchased for the same show date and time, tickets are $10.
- Note: you cannot exchange these tickets for another show date unless you exchange ALL of them at one time. For example, you cannot exchange two tickets for another date and keep eight for the original show date. In order to get the group discount, all 10 or more tickets must be for the same date and time.
What is your refund/exchange policy?
- There are no refunds once purchased. All sales are final. You may exchange your tickets, pending availability, for another performance of the same show. We will exchange your tickets at no charge to you. Exchanges must be made in person (with the tickets to be exchanged) and must be made no later than the Thursday before the weekend of the show. There can be no exchanges on the day of the show or during a show weekend. The Box Office does not buy back unused tickets or refund tickets.
- NOTE: We cannot exchange group tickets.
My friend bought tickets for a show. Can I be seated next to them?
- Seating is almost always assigned and is on a first-come/first-served basis. We highly recommend that you buy tickets at the same time to increase your chances of being seated together. If you purchase seats separately, please find out from your friend what their seat assignments are, as we cannot share that due to privacy concerns. Pending availability, we will do the best we can to accommodate seating requests.
Can I donate my tickets?
- If you cannot attend your performance and do not wish to exchange your tickets, you may donate them for tax credit. Simply return your tickets in person or by mail to the BYT Ticket Office before the scheduled performance.
What if I am late to a performance?
- Late seating is often disruptive to audience members; therefore, we cannot seat you once the show has started. You will be seated during intermission. If your seat assignment is easily accessible, we may attempt to seat you during a scene break. Seating after the show has started is at the discretion of the Box Office.
Can we be seated in the front row?
- Our non-ambulatory patrons have priority for front row seating. We will release these seats to the general public on the Monday of Tech Week (the Monday prior to a play's first show).
What if I cannot attend due to inclement weather?
- If a performance takes place despite weather conditions, Bellevue Youth Theatre will not issue refunds to patrons who did not attend. Please call 425-452-7155 to confirm a performance.