Last updated: July 27, 2022
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails (note: excludes individual lane closures or lane and sidewalk closures associated with development projects). Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Bellevue Arts Fairs Street Closures - July 28-31
Before, during and after the arts fairs, some downtown streets will be closed or partially closed to vehicles, but downtown businesses will remain open and accessible. The following streets will be closed.
- 100th Avenue Northeast northbound between Northeast Fourth and Eighth streets (Thursday, 6 a.m.-4 p.m., and Sunday, 6 p.m.-10 p.m.);
- 100th Avenue Northeast southbound between Northeast 10th and Eighth streets (Thursday, 6 a.m.-10 p.m., and Sunday 6 p.m.-10 p.m.);
- Northeast Sixth Street both directions between Bellevue Way NE and 105th Avenue Northeast (from 6 p.m. Thursday until 11 p.m. Sunday);
- Northeast Sixth Street both directions between 105th and 106th avenues Northeast (from 4:30 p.m. Friday until 11 p.m. Sunday); and
- 106th Avenue Northeast both directions between Northeast Fourth and Eighth streets (from 4:30 p.m. Friday until 11 p.m. Sunday).
Current construction impacts
- UPDATED -- Radar Signs and Flashing Beacon Upgrades – NE 24th Street and 167th Avenue NE: Westbound lane and shoulder closures, July 27-29, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. to install new radar sign. Cyclists will need to follow vehicular detour. Flaggers will assist travelers through work zone. Please slow down and obey traffic signs.
- NEW -- NE 8th Street between 106th and 108th avenues NE: Westbound lane and turn lane closures, August 1, 2 a.m. to 3 p.m. for construction. Local business accessed maintained. Pedestrian access maintained on south side of NE 8th St. Cyclists follow vehicular detour or pedestrian path. Police officers will assist travelers through work zone.
- NEW -- NE 8th St between Bellevue Way NE and 106th Avenue NE:
- Eastbound and turn lane closures, July 31-August 3, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Westbound and turn lane closures, August 4, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Local business access will be maintained east and west of closure, including northbound 105th Ave NE turning east. Pedestrian access maintained along the north side of NE 8th St. Cyclists follow vehicular detour or use pedestrian path. Police officers will assist travelers through work zone.
Ongoing construction impacts
- 124th Avenue NE between NE Spring Boulevard and NE 12th Street: Lane closures and lane shifts continue through the end of August for franchise utility installation. Delays are expected, please plan ahead. Flaggers and police officers will assist motorists and pedestrians through the work zone. Please slow down for worker and pedestrian safety. More information on project webpage.
- AC Main Replacement Phase 3 – NE 10th Street between 80th Avenue NE and Evergreen Point Road: Temporary traffic control and limited vehicle access July 7 through early August for water main replacement. Work hours, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vehicular traffic may need to access NE 10th St via 80th Ave NE or Evergreen Point Rd. Flaggers will assist travelers through work zone.
- SE 46th Way between 150th Place SE and 164th Avenue SE: Intermittent one-lane closures from May to September for installation of new ADA compliant ramps. Work hours, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Flaggers will assist travelers through work zone. Temporary sidewalk detours will be in effect while ramps are under construction.
- Multiple intersections on Forest Drive between Somerset Drive and 152nd Avenue SE: Traffic shifts and intermittent one-lane closures, May to August, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Installation of new flashing beacons, signage, ramps, crosswalk (152nd Ave SE only), with paving in late summer. Pedestrian access maintained.
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail – SE 36th Street from 132nd Avenue SE to 142nd Place SE: The trail is now open; however, expect intermittent lane closures of the trail over the next few months to complete the remaining work. More information on project webpage.
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement – 122XX-123XX block of NE 39th Street: Expect intermittent lane closures through September 2022 for construction of a new water reservoir and underground utilities. Work hours, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bridle Trails Park access and trails will be maintained during construction. Project webpage.
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. Flaggers will be on site for traffic control and pedestrian access maintained unless otherwise indicated. For more information about the paving program, including weekly updates, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage
East Link Light Rail construction
- SR 520 between NE 40th Street and 148th Avenue NE: Sound Transit continues to install a pair of pedestrian bridges over the roadway. The work is part of Sound Transit’s Downtown Redmond Light Rail extension.
Several overnight SR 520 road and ramp closures planned. The work includes the following:
July 26-30: All lanes of westbound SR 520 between NE 40th St and 148th Ave NE will close nightly at 11 p.m. and reopen by 5 a.m. with the exception of Saturday which will reopen at 7 a.m. The NE 40th St on-ramp to westbound SR 520 and the 148th Ave NE off-ramp will close nightly from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday night through Saturday morning.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- NEW -- Northbound I-405 between SE 8th Street and NE 4th Street: I-405 northbound will be closed overnight August 9-11, 11 p.m.-4:30 a.m. Northbound traffic will be detoured onto 112th Ave NE and 116th Ave NE. These nighttime closures will allow WSDOT to place girders for the east side of the new Main Street bridge over I-405.
- Main Street between 112th Avenue and 116th Avenue NE: Main St will close for up to 5 months while crews demolish the existing bridge then build a new bridge. Signs will direct travelers to nearby detours. NE 4th St will operate as the planned detour route. Travelers should expect increased congestion in the area. View detour map.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 and 148th Avenue NE at Overlake Village area in Redmond: WSDOT has shifted lanes on 148th Ave NE west to excavate a tunnel on the east side of the road. By fall of 2023, access to nearby businesses, neighborhoods and the new light rail station will improve with the addition of a new access ramp. Plan additional travel time due to a lowered speed limit of 30 mph and temporary signals. More information on project webpage.
- King County's Valley Creek Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation: More information on project webpage.
- King County's Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. Visit WSDOT's project webpage for more details.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai Sewer Upgrade Project: Crews will locate utilities in north Mercer Island and southwest Bellevue to prepare for major construction activities beginning spring 2022 and extending until 2025. Sign up for Enatai project area email and text updates from King County on project webpage.
- Sweyolocken Boat Launch: Road closed from Bellevue Wy SE to the Sweyolocken Boat Launch. The area south of the Sweyolocken Pump Station will be closed as well. The I-90 Trail will be closed to the east and southwest of the pump station during construction. Detours for trail traffic will be alongside streets near the South Bellevue Park & Ride to the I-90 Bike Trail near 108th Ave SE.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More details on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More details on project webpage.
- King County Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project: More details on project website.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: