Got your keys, phone, wallet, and CUP!?!
The Eastside is choosing reuse. The cities of Bellevue, Bothell, Kirkland, and Redmond have partnered to reduce waste from single-use cups. Join the BYOC Campaign by bringing your own cup to Eastside coffee shops, celebrating reuse efforts in your community, and entering to win a reuse prize pack.
Learn about the BYOC Campaign
Pledge to join our Eastside community by choosing to reuse during the BYOC Campaign. By taking the pledge you agree to:
- Remember to bring their own cup to coffee shops
- Share Eastside reuse efforts with their friends and family (#ChooseReuse)
- Make reuse a part of your daily lives to help reduce waste
- Cypress Coffee: April 27, 2023
- Kelsey Creek Farm Sheep Shearing Event: April 29, 2023
- Bellevue Farmers Market: May 18, 2023
BYOC Passport Program
- Picking up a BYOC Passport at an upcoming event, at BYOC Coffee shop partners' locations, or click here to download and print one now.
- BYOC to any BYOC-friendly coffee shop (map below) on the Eastside and receive a stamp. If they do not have a stamp, write the name of the shop on the passport.
- Get 5 stamps/write-in visits on your passport and submit by emailing an image to EastSideReusables@CascadiaConsulting.com.
*You must have five entries on your passport to be eligible to enter the raffle to win a reuse prize pack! Reuse prize pack raffle drawings will take place until May 22, 2023. You must submit your passport by May 21 to be eligible to win.
Help spread the word about where to BYOC and share on social media using the #ChooseReuse hashtag.
BYOC Coffee Shop Partner Locations
A special thank you to our BYOC partners. Bring your own cup to any of these businesses to receive a BYOC passport and stay tuned for special events and discounts.
Cafe Ladro (eastside city locations)
Top Pot Doughnuts (eastside city locations)
Interested in adding your local business to the campaign? Contact us at EastSideReusables@CascadiaConsulting.com.
BYOC-friendly Coffee Shop Locations
Check out the following Eastside locations accepting BYOC today in this interactive map and refill your cup to do your part to reduce and prevent waste on the Eastside.
Reusables are Better for the Planet
Over their lifecycle, reusable cups have lower greenhouse gas emissions compared to disposable alternatives.
Reusables Reduce Litter
Transitioning to reusables helps prevent litter from ending up on the streets, in storm drains, and in rivers and lakes.
Reusables are Safe
Washington State Retail Food Code allows businesses to refill personal beverage containers. Reusables are safe and do not spread COVID.
You can feel good about doing your part to prevent pollution and other harmful environmental impacts. Learn more about the many benefits of reusables by visiting upstreamsolutions.org.
This campaign is a partnership between the cities of Bellevue, Bothell, Kirkland, and Redmond. This campaign is funded in part by the WA State Department of Ecology.
Questions? Email the campaign at EastSideReusables@CascadiaConsulting.com.