My Utility Account
The City of Bellevue bills every two months for drinking water, wastewater, and storm and surface water. If you have questions about your Utilities bill, please call 425-452-6973.
The City contracts with Republic Services for garbage, recycling, and food and yard waste services. For billing or other inquiries. contact Republic Services at 425-452-4762 (residential) or 425-646-2492 (commercial).
Your Online Utilities Account is Improving
Customers have asked for a more robust utilities account portal, and Bellevue Utilities has been working diligently to provide an improved experience when accessing your utility account information online and paying your bill.
The new system is faster, easier to navigate, and comes with these new benefits and features:
- New and more ways to pay: ACH/check, bank card, online bill payment, and credit card (fee is applied to credit card payments).
- View multiple accounts in your portal once you set it up.
- View transactions, payment arrangements, and payment history.
- Self-help features in the portal to help you along the way.
- View water consumption.
- Set up notifications and alerts.
- Receive water leak alerts if you have a smart water meter and avoid high bills by detecting leaks early.
What should you expect when the new system is ready?
- Every account will have a new account number.
- New bill statement design reduces paper waste.
- No online account access for a week during the transition to the new portal. You will not be able to pay your bill online, view your statement, or see water usage. If you have questions during this time, please contact a Billing Account Representative at 425-452-6973.
- Register for the new portal. All customers will need to set up a new online account even if you have an existing account.
- Sign up for preferred notifications and alerts.
When you sign up for eBills, you will receive an email reminder when your bill is ready to be viewed online. eBills are a faster, more convenient, and more secure option than mailed paper statements, and worth making the switch. Here's how to sign up for eBills:
- Log into your utility account.
- Click on "Change Profile" from the menu options on the left side.
- While on the “User Account” page, click on the “Manage Profile” tab and select "Receive eBills".
Five Ways to Pay Your Utility Bill
1. Pay by Phone
- Call 425-452-6979 to pay your bill and access your account history.
2. Pay Online
- Log into your utility account - Pay your bill online and view billing and consumption history and rate information. You will need customer and account numbers and Visa or MasterCard.
- Quick Pay - Pay your bill online without having to register for an online account. You will need your customer and account numbers and Visa or MasterCard.
- Your Financial Institutions Bill Payment Service: If you pay your bill using your financial institution's online service or another online payment provider, you must select “Bellevue, City of” as the payee and enter all 16 digits from your bill into the account field, in format XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX (customer number – account number). This will ensure quick crediting of your payment. In some instances your financial institution may send us a payment by mail. In these instances a delay of five to seven days may occur in the processing of your payment.
3. Pay Using Your Checking Account
- Call a Billing Account Representative at 425-452-6973 to set up auto-pay from your checking account.
4. Pay by Mail
- Mail your check and payment stub to Bellevue City Treasurer, PO Box 35139, Seattle, WA 98124-5139. Make sure to include your account number on the check.
5. Pay in Person
- City Hall, 450 110th Ave. NE, first floor, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-noon. (Visa and Mastercard accepted)
- Crossroads Mini City Hall, 15600 NE 8th St., #H-9, inside shopping center (check, money order, Visa and Mastercard accepted). Drop Box located outside the storefront window on your right.
- Drop Box at City Hall to the left of the visitor parking entrance doors; mounted on a concrete pole.